Assembly of The Safety Sleeper™
Easy assembly within a few minutes — No tools required!
We are totally impressed by the quality manufacturing... and by how easy [The Safety Sleeper™] was to assemble. We have family across the country and travel a lot. The Safety Sleeper™ comes with us and is amazing!
— Paul D. from Los Angeles, CA
» Video (5:16 min)
» Illustrated instructions
The Safety Sleeper™ can be easily put together within a few minutes.
No tools required!
Standard mattress required for daily use. Air mattress is for travel use only.
Wash the enclosure before assembling (see washing instructions below).
It is best to assemble the frame in the same room it will be used, no tools are required for assembly.
All metal frame pieces are labeled T for Top or B for Base.
There are 14 separate pieces:
– 6 Base pieces. Each piece will have 2 of the following labels—B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6.
– 8 Top pieces. Each piece will have 2 of the following labels—T1, T2, T3, T4, T5, T6, T7, T8.
– Four support pieces are already connected to the top & labeled S1, S2, S3, S4.
(Please take note: Double models have a total of 18 pieces, 8 for the base and 10 for the top.
for Print / Download Assembly Instruction sheet.)
Build the base of the frame:
1.Lay all six pieces labeled B1 thru B6 on the ground with labels facing up.
2. Connect like parts (B1 to B1, B2 to B2, etc.) in numerical order by pushing in button & sliding to-gether until button clicks into place.
3. After connecting B1 through B4, align the B5 & B6 pipes across from each other and connect them to their counterparts at the same time, to ensure they snap together properly.
Build the top frame and connect to the base:
1. Assemble T1 through T3 and T4 through T6 by con-necting like parts.
2. Line up T1-3 top piece at B1 end of base piece making sure support pieces are facing inward toward the center of the frame (these will attach to the base).
3. Place the T1-3’s eye ends (connection points) into jawslide. Making sure the holes on each piece are lined up, slide push pin w/toggle (attached to the jaw-slide) through to secure the top piece to the base on each side. Then secure the support pieces the same way. *The push pin pieces must be aligned to push it through, then flip toggle to secure in place.
4. Repeat with T4-T6 top piece & B2 end of base.
5. To release the push pins, push the head of the pin, align the toggle, & pull out.
Attach enclosure to frame:
1. Top of enclosure has two zippers to attach it to the frame.
2. Lay enclosure with zippers facing up on the floor, inside base of the frame. *Note: the “foot” of the enclosure is the side with the zippered pocket used to house the mattress.
3. Wrap sides of each zipper around the top horizontal bars of metal frame & zip all the way across to secure.
4. Bed may be placed on top of box spring for added comfort, or remain on the floor.
1. Unzip bottom zipper at the foot end of canvas and slide mattress inside. Mattress will slide under the coverlet.
2. Zip Shut
Please note: The air mattress that is shipped with The Safety Sleeper is provided for travel purposes only. For daily use in the home, purchase a spring coil or foam mattress, 9-10 inches high. If you have questions about choosing a mattress to fit your loved ones needs, feel free to contact us.
1. Unzip the bottom zipper at the foot end of canvas to gain access to the coverlet zipper.
2. Start to unzip zipper.
3. Open the door of the bed to give yourself more access, continue unzipping the coverlet from around the mattress.
» Click here to watch a short video on how to change the coverlet.
Frame Pads (optional):
If you ordered frame pads, there will be 8 foam pads in 2 different sizes. The shorter pads should be placed on the angled piece of the frame, S1, S2, S3 and S4, with the pointed side facing upwards. Please locate the highlighted purple piece of the frame in the diagram below. The longer pads should be placed from the top-middle of the frame, leading down to the base. Example: T4 to B5, please locate the orange highlighted piece of the frame in the diagram below.
» Washing and handling: Wash before first use
Fabric & Mesh: 100% Polyester,
Material Flame Resistant.
Bias Binding: 50% Cotton / 50% Polyester.
Webbing: 100% Polypropylene.
Machine wash on delicate cycle, front loading machine only.
All ZIPPERS must be CLOSED before washing.
Tumble dry low heat only or line dry.
DO NOT USE FABRIC SOFTENER OR BLEACH.
Do not iron.
Do not dry clean.
If you still have questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 724-96-SLEEP 724-96-SLEEP (724-967-5337) or 412-766-3454 or email !
For proper use, care & assembly, all instructions must be specifically adhered to.
Wash before first use of this product.
Bed is not intended for use as a toy, play equipment or as a disciplinary device.
ALWAYS follow assembly instructions.
Use ONLY the recommended size mattress.